Sunday 17 November 2013

OOTD - Raven Romantic Ruin

the other day I couldn't stop myself from being involved in a mist of velvet richness and warm dark makeup.
there's something magic about the cold weather for me...
it brings out the cozy loving person that I am.
all I want to do is be curled up in a fluffy bed with a cup of steamy white tea and some blueberry pancakes. yum...!


I've been buying books like crazy as always, so I'll have plenty of literature to keep me happy for the winter.
that is also something very comforting to do when it's cold.
because of that I haven't been doing much shopping for cute little things to wear and share with you guys.
that and some other news...

 *velvet coat - vintage, from my mother / black dress with velvet details - H&M / faux litas - gift / transparent, polkadot umbrella - gift / skull & crow feather earrings - H&M gift / celtic cross necklace - Alchemy Gothic / pentagram ring - Androm*

on this day clothed myself with the feathers of the black bird, a present from my other half, Skav.
the amazing thing was when a murder of ravens flew over our heads.
the perfect ending to a white and grey day.


Crow's Fall
When Crow was white he decided the sun was too white.
He decided it glared much too whitely.
He decided to attack it and defeat it. 

He got his strength flush and in full glitter.
He clawed and fluffed his rage up.
He aimed his beak direct at the sun's centre. 

He laughed himself to the centre of himself

And attacked. 

At his battle cry trees grew suddenly old,
Shadows flattened. 

But the sun brightened-
It brightened, and Crow returned charred black. 

He opened his mouth but what came out was charred black. 

"Up there," he managed,
"Where white is black and black is white, I won."
                                                                           
 ~Ted Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment