Friday 22 November 2013

if I tell you Sorewa himitsu desu, you won't Believe me


last month I traveled to the birth place of my country, Guimarães.
the thick air of the metropolis tires me with no end and sometimes I feel the need to unplug and relax...

I had an invitation from a really good friend of mine to stay at her house and enjoy some much needed R&R

of course there was some time left to do some more active activities,
like going to the IberAnime convention and brush up on our japanese (or we would like to think so)

 *naughty school girls at home getting ready*

we didn't have much time to think about our costumes, so we went as school girls, compliments of my friend Alexis' modelling wardrobe.

*me, Kakashi and Alexis*
already inside, we found so many people with awesome outfits, you wouldn't believe.
we just took a couple of pictures with some of them, because my bestie was a bit shy just from looking at her favorite characters.
and who could blame her? when you're talking to someone in a convention you are really talking to the character.
at least that's the way we felt it, and it was the funnest way of being there!

*I never thought I'd say this: ME AND KENSHIN!*

I just went berserk when I saw this guy dressed as my ultimate favorite Anime character...
when I was younger I was completely obsessed with Kenshin, I've seen the OVAs, read many of the mangas, googled images, fan art... 
it might seem silly but I felt like I was meeting the real deal.
just look at my leg, all upwards and jumpy-like...

he was very nice and didn't mind me going all crazy, after all, he clearly loves him too.
we as very sweet.

after that, we watched a band playing.
it was my first time meeting this band I have to say that they were just lovely the entire time, talking to fans and taking pictures, and even just the fact of their acknowledgement of how important Dragon Ball was to young 80's kids in Portugal. 

I was so happy when they started playing this:


now,
 there's a cute Ryu character right out front and he's just over the moon with this band and this particular song, I couldn't stop myself from taping this.
it was just so funny...!

these photos were taken my my sweet friend Nargor.
everything is out of focus but he tried <3

I have many more stories to tell...
and a big special one is coming up really soon.

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment