Sunday 8 June 2014

such News from a Storm Crow

good day precious!

*pre-study hard photoshoot*
I have a few important news...
I ACED my English Linguistics test!!

I spent the past weeks studying like crazy and basically having no sleep because everytime I'd lay my pretty tired head on the pillow I would dream about morphemes, felxional, functional, lexical, tree representations of sentences, the direccionality of nucleous, subject void, and all of this while looking for test sheets that would never be on my table during the test...
it was like a nightmare test every night. and good grief, when I finally went to actually do it, there was a certainty in me that wasn't there before.
I just pushed aside all of my fears and trusted my knowledge of the subject and the 1000 man hours I had invested in learning said subject.

I'm yet to recieve the test, but I'm pretty sure of a delicious good grade coming my way...!

***

I've been putting off to tell you guys something but gosh golly, I can't hold it in any longer.


I was invited by my Professor of History of Western Youth Subcultures to participate in his ilustrious upcoming BOOK about said subcultures!!

I will be working from home, and afterwards, from Norway, but it's of no matter, because internet brings people closer hehe.

he was so kind as to promise me a copy of his book with my participation.

this is the first time I'll be published!
(well, not counting my modelling work on magazines...)

I feel so brainy *insert thick black glasses*

I've already started writting (in Portuguese because the book is going to be translated later to Spanish and English) and I'm to make an entire chapter about female metalheads. it's essencially a self-etnoghraphic study. I even invited my cute swan to be interviewed by me.
such fun!

***

oh yes... and another thing...
I have my plane tickets to Norway already booked!!


me and my sweet Skav in Norge!
oh, the joy!

we will be leaving on August 7th early in the morning.

I'm terrified of flying!! I only did it twice, flying to England and back, and that was quite enough. really, I have no idea why I'm such a scaredy cat when it comes to heights... but hey, no pain no gain, my whole life taught me that.

I have never been so happy in my entire life.
I can't stop myself from saying it every single time. everything and everyone in my life is so good, pure, and loveable. 

but you can only get there if you take a deep hard look at yourself and realise what's a miss in your life.
for me it was a journey of many, many years to get to this place of bliss.
but I think we can distill it into a few concepts:

"love thy self."

very, very hard to achieve... and it's a gradual discovery of how much you can become and evolve if you believe in yourself. once you become to love yourself more, you will no longer accept ill behavior from other people, or even supposed "friends". 
and you will no longer feel the need to engage in destructive or nocive actions for yourself.
 that's when you get to:

"respect thy self"

once your body gets a taste of how good "respect" feels, you will most definetly change quite a few things around your life, and that includes the emotional, phisical, pshycological, aspects as well as your way of reacting to the world and vice versa.

I no longer allow people to treat me as they please even though they hide behind the "friend" word.
if you do not respect me than you have no real feelings for me, therefore you are NO friend of mine.
and you shall be cut down without pitty.
I also take better care of myself because I know that I'm worth the bother, I deserve to feel good and look good - trust me, this can also be difficult in times of low self-esteem and depression - not just because people tell me so, but because for the first time ever, I believe it.
push yourself out of the dark hole, and dare to live.

***
Magick, Magick...


I can finally relax and resume my very interesting studies of spirituality and misticism.
from left to right:

The History of Witchcraft - by Montague Summers (Portuguese and English translations)
Ritos e Mistérios Secretos do Wicca (Rites and Secret Misteries of Wicca) - by Gilberto de Lascariz (only Portuguese translation available)
Les Mystéres de la Main, Révélés et expliqués (the Mysteries of the hand: revealed and explained) - by Adolphe Desbarrolles (translations in Portuguese and French)

as you may already know, I always try to discover the original title of the book, because if you guys are like me, when I see a book I'm interest in, it's very useful to have these informations if one wants to buy them.
also, I find it very important to read the books in it's original language so I've put that info in here as well.

all of these books talk about concepts that I'm more or less familiar with, but the last book on the right is about one form of divination that I was yet to put my hands on...! (no pun intended hehe)

Chiromancy, or aka palmistry/ palm reading.

it should count for a nice reading...
 
Bonnie: So does stuff like tonight happen to you a lot?
Sarah: No. Not like that.
[pause]
Sarah: Other... stuff.
Rochelle: Where did you learn it?
Sarah: I don't know.
Bonnie: [Nods] A natural witch. 

- The Craft 1996 - who here didn't love this movie as a kid?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment