Thursday 28 February 2013

DIY creepers ReVamp

today is not a good day.
but I'll make a post nonetheless...

I had these creepers for what I believe was an enormous amount of time, eight years if I'm not mistaken.
this was back when pinstripes were having all the hype. since that I really grew tired of the whole stripes fad and as my wardrobe changed, these puppies fell back.

*the neglected creeper*
the years were kind to them, taking into consideration the fact that I used to work twelve hour shifts on them...
so, for the revamping of the pretty boys (yes, mine are boys) I used:

- a permanent black ink marker (the type you use for writing on CDs)
- black shoe polish
- shining liquid for the shoe polish
- a polishing brush & sponge

I first started by cleaning the creepers of any dirt and dust with a dry cloth, the next step was to run the marker down the white pinstripes, and be very careful not to draw a very wide stroke and paint every bit of white. I also used it to cover up some scrapes from usage.

*with & without pinstripes*

as you see the progress already makes a big difference. 
next I gave it a vigorous scrub with the black shoe polish, and here is where you might get a bit lost:
the platform on these creepers is dented throughout, so if you go in with a sponge to get all the nooks and crannies, you'll never get it all and you've consumed a ridiculous amount of time on a half assed job.

my answer to that is to use a small and wide brush (much like a hair brush), put a lot of black shoe polish on it and scrub for your life.
then all you have to do is give it a good shine and clean the zipper parts of any shoe polish with a dry cloth.

*the finished product*

they look much better in real life, but this was a project done in the middle of an insomnia night, and I was still trying to work out my new camera...

hope you liked it.
<3



2 comments: